Life in Focus 28: How to Pick the Right Photographer for YouNov 06, 2019
One of the most important elements of your personal brand are your photographs. They are the visual representation of your brand: values, personality, messaging, and ideas.
When planning out what images of you will represent your brand the best it's vital to make sure you hire a photographer who understands your needs and can capture what you want. Finding the right photographer can be daunting, especially if you don't know what to look for. However, if you know what to look for it's easy to select the right photographer for your personal brand or any photographic needs.
In this episode I will give you everything you need to find the right photographer for you. The do's and don'ts of who to hire, and why the photographer you might be considering using may be the wrong person for you.
Often enough people ask their friends and family to recommend a photographer, they go on yelp, or they select the most convenient person available, or they hire someone they have used in the past, even if it was for a different type of photography. Selecting a photographer this way can negatively impact your brand if they capture images of you that don't represent you well.
Avoid the common mistakes most people make when selecting a photographer with all of my juicy tips and insider secrets!
What you will learn in this episode:
- Photographers and their specialties (0:30)
- How to qualify a photographer (2:00)
- How to select the perfect photographer (4:00)
- How to pick a photographer that knows how to work with your age group. (6:00)
- How to judge a photographer's portfolio before you hire them (9:00)
- How photographers develop their skills (10:00)
- What makes a great photographer (13:30)
- Working with Photographers and Make-up Artists (17:00)
- Photographers and Retouching (19:30)
Some questions I ask:
What makes a good photographer?
What is a personal brand photographer?
What are the photography genres or specialties?
Why a photographer must work with a make up artist?
Should you hire a famous photographer?
Should you hire a wedding photographer to photograph your personal brand?
Can any photographer take your personal brand photos?